1 lb. 31/40 count shrimp/prawn
1/2 cup Walnut halves (make sure you get the walnut halves)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon condensed milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 egg white
1/2 cup corn starch (for coating the prawn)
Oil for frying
FOR THE WALNUTS:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
- Peel and deveined the shrimp/prawn. Pat dry with paper towels, add the egg white, mix well with the shrimp and set aside.
- Rinse the walnut halves with water, drain and set aside.
- Heat up the water until it boils and add in the sugar.
- Keep stirring until it turns thick and golden color and then add the walnut. (This takes FOREVER)
- Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet/parchment paper to dry. (Regular paper will not work as the walnut will stick to it).
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Coat the shrimp with a thick layer of corn flour and then and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown. Remove the shrimps from the wok and drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey, condensed milk and lemon juice.
- Add shrimp and toss with the mayonnaise sauce.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish the candied walnuts on top of the shrimp and serve immediately.